E shock you?!😝😝…its pretty easy and straightforward to make too.😍😍
💛 The best part is that its cheap and healthy.
🏵Being a mom to four kids, is part of what motivates me to try out new recipes that are on a budget, easy and quick to make and most importantly healthy.
🌷I want my kids as well as every member of my family to be able to enjoy pleasurable foods without the consequence of unhealthy eating.
🏵I believe there are many moms out there who are like me, which is why I have put this recipe together.
There are different recipes for making ice cream that require different preparation methods. But I made this recipe because its something anyone can make at any given time.
So, without further ado, below is my simple recipe
*Bananas.( 4 fingers of medium size)
*apples (3 red apples)
*8 table spoons of powdered milk or 1 cup of milk
• peel the Bananas and apples in tiny bits
•put the cut Bananas and apples in a blender
•Add 1 cup of water or 250mls of water if using powdered milk.
• Add a table spoon of vanilla flavor or any other flavors you want (optional)
• blend all together till its really smooth and creamy
•pour in a container and freeze for about an hour
• Bring it out of the freezer and mix it with a spoon or spatula, this will prevent ice crystals from forming and also allow the ice cream to have a final outcome of creamy and fluffy texture.
• Return the ice cream to the freezer for another hour.
• Repeat the step of mixing it with a spoon or spatula.
• put it back into the freezer and let it sit for 5-6 hours
• And voila! Your ice cream is ready.. You can dish and add any topping of choice to make it a more delightful dessert.
Note: Banana is the key ingredient. You can always substitute the apples with any other kind of fruit you want.
The Bananas give the ice cream the creamy base for the ice cream. Some other recipes require that the Bananas be frozen first before blending, but I skipped that step in my own recipe and it still came out great as seen in the picture above and video below.
You can Add sugar if you want. I skipped adding sugar because it tasted great but bear in mind that the dominant flavour would be bananas
For a chocolate flair; you can add peak choco or Milo to the mix just before blending it.
Enjoy your home made ice cream!